Have you always dreamed of making your own bread? This easy homemade pumpkin seeds and raisins bread recipe is perfect for the timers like you! This bread is ideal for breakfast or for an afternoon snack when paired peanut butter and/or jam. You will love the sweetness of the raisins and the crunchiness of the pumpkin seeds!
- 1 kg strong flour
- 650ml water
- 10 g. yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3tbsp raisins
- Pile the flour and the yeast and sugar on your clean work surface and make a large well in the center. Pour half of your water and the salt, start to mix with your hand to bring the dough together.
- Slowly bring in the flour from the inside of the well, while continuing to bring the flour into the center until the dough comes completely together.
- This is where you need a bit of elbow grease. Start to stretch the dough, slap, roll, push and pull the dough over and over for 6-8 minutes until it is elastic and silky.
- Put your dough in a very lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film, put in a warm area and allow it to prove for roughly an hour (it will double in size).
- Once it has doubled in size, knock the air out by squashing out some of the air. Now shape your dough any way you would like and let it proof again for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Gently place your bread on to a flour-dusted baking tray and put In the hot oven. Don’t slam the door and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked and golden brown. It’s cooked when by tapping the bottom it sounds hollow it’s done, if it doesn’t then pop it back in for a little longer. Make sure you let the bread rest for 30 min before slicing into it.